I helped Elsevier with creating a program that continuously evaluates new product experiments, to tackle challenging information quests that scientists face.
Scientists are time constrained, deal with more and more content each year and have to outperform their peers. Elsevier wanted to evaluate new concepts.
- Product ideas which require real data to be validated.
- Heavy upfront investment, before ideas are validated.
- Difficultly setting priorities amongst competing user insights.
- Lack of continuous user voice in the process.
Implement a process that enables product teams to quickly gather in-depth user feedback, qualitatively and quantitative to create products that align with user needs.
- Creation of a continuous evaluation process.
- Providing in-depth strategic feedback.
- Using insights to build business cases for new ideas.
- Integrating user research into agile practices.