Drupal is a opensource content management system with over a million users. I have and contributed to many initiatives and leading up the UX-Team.
Drupal is a highly flexible tool, empowering site builders to build and quickly iterate websites. However this flexibility creates a lot usability problems.
- Design often happens after development.
- Technology focused, UX not seen as adoption blocker.
- Lack of continuous user voice in the process.
To enable more users to leverage the power and flexibility of Drupal by improving the user experience of core site building concepts.
- Establishing standardised process for solving UX challenges.
- Building community wide understanding of UX.
- Continuous evaluation of new developments.